The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Holiday Update

Okay, to my few loyal readers, I apologize for not posting at all during the holidays. I had lots of good stuff to write, even started a couple of drafts, but I couldn't seem to get much written, and that was said better by other bloggers.

This was by far the busiest holiday season I've ever experienced. Here's a quick recap of the last couple of weeks for me:
1. Thanksgiving.
2. My great-uncle had a brain aneurysm and spent two weeks in St. Thomas Hospital.
3. My great-uncle died and we had a funeral in Giles County.
4. Christmas.
5. Christmas with the other side of the family.
6. New Year's, which entailed my being on the planning committee of an annual fundraiser gala taking place at the YMCA lodge on Percy Priest Lake. I am especially proud of this year's party. We had just over 200 attendees, and raised $4,000 to be split between two charities. The first, Sweet Sleep, buys beds and bed linens for orphanages in Moldova in eastern Europe. The second, Living Water, pays to dig wells in arid parts of India and Kenya, to provide clean water sources.

I also finally saw Narnia, which was an experience I need to write about at some point. I think I'll go see it again first, though. It was almost too much to process in one viewing.

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season, and that your new year is off to a great start.

2 Responses to “Holiday Update”

  1. # Blogger Michael Hickerson

    OK, I feel like a big slacker now as I did next to nothing during the holidays....  

  2. # Blogger Malia

    Sorry to hear about your great-uncle. Missed "hearing" from you during the holidays but completely understand your absence!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health