The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


One of the basic truths of life

....is that flat tires only happen when you have somewhere to be. And the later you are running, the more likely it is to happen.

Which means that, this morning, as I was running 15 minutes late, I had a flat tire. Not only that, but my father "borrowed" my emergency kit from my car a while back, so I don't have a jack. So I had to call AAA, and am now waiting for them to come change my tire.

On the bright side, I have time to post the pumpkin pasties recipe for Michael et al.

Pumpkin Pasties
1 lb. puff pastry dough, thawed
1 c. pumpkin
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. cloves
1/4 t. ginger
dash nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
White sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Mix pumpkin with sugar and spices. Roll out pastry sheets until very thin, and cut into 3" squares. Put a small amount (about 1/2 T.) in center of each square and fold over. Seal edges together, wetting with water or egg if needed. Brush tops of each pasty with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.

Best eaten while watching or reading "Harry Potter". These are also awesome breakfast pastries. Happy Baking!

2 Responses to “One of the basic truths of life”

  1. # Blogger Malia

    Is this what they call mobile blogging?

    Sounds like a yummy recipe, I will have to try it as I have some pumpkin puree leftover from making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for T-giving breakfast.

    Thank the Lord for AAA (although it would nice if they could respond a wee bit faster!)  

  2. # Blogger Tara

    This is me vouching for the pumpkin pasties recipe. I actually made some the weeked the movie came out...they were yummy!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health