The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Chunks are nutritious!

Okay, so only maybe one person in the whole world will understand that, but to me, it sums up the little chunks I'm going to post today.

1. New job is awesome. In fact, I'm on a lunch break now, so I've got to make this fast.

2. Lack of posts is due in part to new job and the residual craziness. Also, Michelle and I are moving soon, and probably won't continue to have internet access at the apartment, so I may not be able to post as frequently as I would like. Sorry to my 3 faithful readers.

3. My two favorite quotes from a funeral last week: "They're in here trying to talk, and it's so dark! I just don't understand how they can talk with no lights on." Said by my aunt as she ran around plugging in lamps in the living room. "I can't eat until you eat!" Said by my aunt's stepmother, who was overseeing the food. I feel more southern for having been there.

4. My church moves into our new building next week. I was out of town this weekend, and so missed the last big potluck at our current building. I have very mixed emotions. I am so excited about the new place, with its nice facilities and all the space, but I will really miss the old place. I went to the pre-school and kindergarten there, so it's always been a part of my life. I had my first kiss on the playground when I was 5. I found a church family there when I moved back to Nashville from California. While that family will move with me, and continue to be everything I love about them, I will remember the physical place that all happened.

5. If you're a praying type, please keep my brother in mind. He's in China for a year, teaching English at a grade school affiliated with a university. (He was actually told he'd be teaching at the university, but they moved him.) He is really very homesick right now, and just went through a really tough emotional weekend. (Curses to his "girlfriend".) He can't come home until the end of June, so he's still got a long way to go. And he's not having fun right now. Poor guy.

Okay, I'd better get back to work. End of the month is rough here, but it's fun. I'll write again as soon as I can.

4 Responses to “Chunks are nutritious!”

  1. # Blogger Michael Hickerson

    Hey Tiff!

    First of all, consider your brother added to my prayer list.

    Second of all, I knew there was a reason I didn't see you Sunday morning when I visited. Sorry you weren't there. I missed you.

    Third of all, moving can be a good thing. Visiting OC, I was impressed by the level of energy and excitement about where God was leading y'all with the move. I understand about change being scary...but I also understand that change if done for the right reasons can be awesome. And from what I experienced and felt, y'all are doing it for the right reasons.  

  2. # Blogger Malia

    You were at OC on Sunday, Michael?? Well, of course I probably wouldn't even have known it since I don't think I even know what you look like. But hey, cool! Come back and visit us at the "new" place too.

    Tiff...this is random and has nothing to do with this post but anyway...you know Erin and Tim Cox and were in their wedding?!?! I was in youth group with Tim back in the day (that's my connection) I'm guessing yours is Harding?  

  3. # Blogger Michael Hickerson

    Yes, i was there and I even wore orange...LOL  

  4. # Blogger Eco

    Hey T-Fo! As you're now painfully aware, I'm awful at keeping up with people. The blog makes it a bit easier ... I write what I want and other people respond. I like it that way.

    I've caught up on your blog and glad to hear that things, as of late, are taking a turn for the better.

    Searcy is still the same old place except now my parents live here. That's been fun.

    Keep up the blogging!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health