The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Thursday Things

First, a couple of observations:

1. Rumors of reunion tours for both The Police and the Spice Girls: if either or both of these happen, I will absolutely die. Then I will come back to life and go and sell my right arm to pay for a ticket.

2. Clearest sign I haven't had enough protein of late: I've been craving peanut butter. I never crave peanut butter. Weirdness.

3. Rolling Stone magazine has declared the death of the music business. Well, at least the CD-sales side of it. Unless and until the labels figure out how to make money in other ways, they will all go under. Very profoud, Rolling Stone. Exactly what everyone in my Music Business class concluded in 2002.

****************************
Second, a Thankful Thursday post (which I've wanted to do for a while, but can never seem to remember on an actual Thursday):

Things I'm thankful for today:
1. The safe arrival of Noah Michael (see previous post) and his and his mother's health.
2. My best friend, with whom I can talk about anything. Also for the amazing conversation we had last weekend about, well, everything.
3. My job - especially with the new position and new desk, but even without that, I'm grateful to be in a much better place than I was one year ago.
4. Josh Ritter. I know I said it already, but his music is doing me good this week.
5. The new episode of "The Office" tonight. Jim Halpert, here I come!

***************************
Finally, A Final Farewell (or, This Has Been a Long Time Coming):

Met 9 years ago. Hit it off instantly. Got very close very fast.

Lived in different states, so never crossed the line into Dating.

But fell in love with him, anyway. Never got up the nerve to tell him anything, though.

After moving to yet another state, started noticing our relationship becoming strangely one-sided.

Got tired of always being the one to pick up the phone to call.

Decided to not call, in order to see how long it would take for him to notice and call me.

That was 6 years ago, and he still hasn't called.

In the end, I think it was the right move, as much as it still hurts sometimes.

0 Responses to “Thursday Things”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health