The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Sea Change

I think my alma maters are out to embarrass me.

Colleen Graffey was the director of Pepperdine's London Program while I attended in the fall of 2001, and when I worked as the program assistant back in Malibu in 2002-2003.

I didn't like her then, and I don't like her now. To think that she, as a former professor of international law and a current diplomat, would basically defend keeping Gitmo open based on the "Well, it happened to us once" defense, blatantly ignoring international conventions and laws as well as the US Constitution, makes me embarassed to admit that so much of my professional training and education was associated with her.

More and more I am disgusted with the Republican party. If you had asked me three years ago, I would have told you that while I evaluated each candidate and election individually, I usually aligned with the GOP. No more. After watching our administration repeatedly violate the most basic human rights of these people, after cringing as the politicos who call themselves "Christian" tried to pass a Constitutional amendment banning one of the most basic American rights to a huge part of the population based on nothing more than a general uncomfortability with sexuality, and after seeing the basic disrespect these people have for the common man who pays their salaries, I'm done.

Consider me a Democrat-leaning independent from now on. It will be a long time before I vote for a Republican again.

1 Responses to “Sea Change”

  1. # Blogger Eco

    I agree with Malia. Everyone has to admit that other parties have more interesting candidates. You can't tell me that Perot wasn't at least entertaining! :-)

    I've come to similar conclusion lately, Tiff. I took a political party survey (through Elrod's blog) and found that I'm smack-dab in the center. I'd love to tell you it's because I weigh each issue carefully, but more often than not it's because I don't care anymore about politics, in general. They're all just absurd, if you ask me. And I really don't want to waste my time voting for the lesser of two evils, so I don't vote at all these days. Bad polisci major of me, huh? Living in D.C. longer than two months will make the heartiest of our kind apathetic. Or crazy obsessed ... just not an option for me.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health