The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Thinking out loud

Saw the Bachelor over the weekend. No, not in a celebrity dream. He was walking into the bathroom, so I didn't talk to him. Sarah was nowhere to be seen. She was probably off somewhere with the new boyfriend.

***************************************

Our church celebrated our first Sunday in the sanctuary of the new building yesterday. How cool it was to have everyone together, worshipping in the same place at the same time. I am really excited to see what the next few months and years will bring.

***************************************

Have I mentioned how much I love my new job? It's interesting work, I have great coworkers and bosses, and it's a regular paycheck. Does it get any better? Plus, I get free CD's and stuff. It's pretty cool.

****************************************

My first year in California, I started practicing Lent. I gave up coffee. It was very hard. I can still remember what that first cup tasted like, and how jittery I was the rest of the day. :) After a sunrise service, a few of my friends and I grabbed coffee at the Coffee Bean and went up to a monastery on a mountain overlooking the ocean. It was such a cool experience, to sip a cup of great coffee and look out at that view, contemplating the resurrection, and be surrounded by people I loved and just be thankful for all of my blessings. So Lent has become something I try to do every year.

This year, I've given up novels. Reading fiction is my absolute favorite thing to do in the entire world, which is my only basis for giving it up. It's been 5 days, and I already hate it. But I guess that means it's working. I am reading some non-fiction, which is good for me, and is better than nothing. But I haven't really gotten into any of them except "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller. I had started it before Ash Wednesday, but I finished it in a hurry once it was the only thing I was reading. For what it's worth, I liked it even better than "Blue Like Jazz". I'm already thinking about what the first book I read come Easter should be. An old favorite? Something I've been meaning to read but haven't gotten to? A brand new release? Anyone have any suggestions?

**************************************

My roommate and I are still watching "North and South". It still rocks.

**************************************

I keep meaning to sit down and write a "deep" post. I want to write about "Narnia", and about the list of "core values" published by the current president of my alma mater, and about the significance of the church move, and so many other things. I will eventually, I promise. For now, I leave you with a blurb from a study my friend Jennifer told me about:

A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that thekind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on whereshe is in her menstrual cycle.For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged andmasculine features. However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, shetends to be more attracted to a man with scissors lodged in his temple andtape over his mouth while he is on fire.No further studies are expected.

1 Responses to “Thinking out loud”

  1. # Blogger Eco

    I'm sorry, but that study findings made me laugh out loud. Probably because there are some perfect scissor head candidates right here in my office! :-) Or maybe even said president of our alma mater.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health