The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Land of 1000 spammers

So I tried an experiment, and let my bulk mailbox fill up until it hit 1000 messages. After 8 days, I got to 1032 messages. That's an average of 129 per day. And this is my account I don't use for online purchases and registrations. Sigh.

4 Responses to “Land of 1000 spammers”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    whos you email provider? I have earthlink and they have a really good spam blocker .. i dont get hardly any.  

  2. # Blogger amanda

    yahoo used to be good at spam blocking, but lately it's insane!
    i had at least 100 of the same message from a list i'm on with BUMC. talk about obnoxious!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I don't normally make a habit of pitching it, but I have an anti-spam service: Swirbo.

    You might want to check it out IF you've got your own domain that you host your e-mail on, or can suggest it to any powers that be..

    If you're just on your ISPs, it might be tougher to find a good solution -- although I hear thunderbird's built-in spam filter is getting better..  

  4. # Blogger Tiffany

    Well, my bulk mailbox isn't part of my "quota", so it doesn't keep my inbox from getting my real messages. Theoretically I never have to empty it, but usually do when I sign on. It's not a big deal, on this account, anyway.

    Famous last words, right?  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health