The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Crunchy

I have a couple of important posts I really really want to get out here, but I just can't seem to find the time and the inspiration to write them all at the same time. And they're important, so I want to be sure I write what I mean.

So to keep you satisfied (and by that I mean "to keep you reading this thing until I put something worthwhile up here"), here are some of the things running through my mind instead of the important stuff.

1. I am addicted to Hapi Wasabi Peas. I need to find a place to buy them in bulk.
2. My brother's birthday is in a week, and I have no idea what to get him. Any ideas? He makes bagels and donuts for a living right now, while saving up money to go back to China and simultaneously preparing for grad school (to pursue a PhD in philosophy).
3. I had a dream that The Police announced a concert at the Exit/In. I screamed in my dream. I probably screamed in real life, too, but my roommate was housesitting so there was no one to ask.
4. Someone here (at work) stole my coffee mug. My coworker Erica gave everyone on our team matching coffee mugs for Christmas, as we're affectionately called "the coffee crew" by the rest of the company. I mistakenly put mine in the dishwasher once, and someone else took it out and I haven't seen it since.
5. I'm playing hooky from my accounting class tonight. I just couldn't do it this week.
6. Have I mentioned lately how much I like my job? Well, other than getting reamed out by a higher-up last week. But Friday night one of our clients played a concert here in town and I went as a part of my job. Although this client isn't someone I would listen to outside of work, it's still fun to get paid to go to concerts. And it was a good concert.
7. I got my hair cut last week, so I'm not such a John-Mayer-lookalike anymore. Thank God.
8. Funny story I told my friends this weekend: recently I had the first date I've had since moving back from Cali (yes, funny, but that's actually a different topic). Anyway, in telling one friend about it, I realized that that wasn't true. I had another date a couple of years ago that I didn't tell anyone about. It was with someone I knew through one of my jobs, and he had been wanting to take me out to eat. I wanted to maintain a happy relationship with him, so I agreed to one date. Fortunately, it was awkward and didn't go too well, and he didn't ask again. The reason I never felt it was worth mentioning? He took me to Shoney's.

Eight is my lucky number, so I'm signing off. Happy Monday!

8 Responses to “Crunchy”

  1. # Blogger fabricsnob

    I never knew 8 was lucky for you. The Shoney's story makes me smile. I'm glad we got to spend time together this weekend!  

  2. # Blogger fabricsnob

    ps- you probably need to send out a company wide email in order to get your mug back. either that, or you have to go desk to desk and take it back. or thirdly, check the dishwasher at night when everyone is gone. good luck.  

  3. # Blogger Ginger

    "...I'm not such a John-Mayer-lookalike anymore. Thank God."

    THAT is hilarious! :)  

  4. # Blogger Adam Thompson

    Come on... Shoney's is a high-class, quality establishment backed by years of excellent food, an impressive selection, and a superb salad bar. Wait, I'm sorry, I'm completely not serious. I am intrigued to hear the rest of the story, however.

    Oh, idea for your brother's birthday: a PhD. That's right, nothing says 'I love you' than a higher-education degree/certification without the actual schooling involved. [sigh] Can't get much better than that.

    Lastly, what's the big deal about the Police, anyway? Why are they worth screaming for?? Inquiring minds want to know...

    (by the way, my word verification: axgoft)  

  5. # Blogger Tiffany

    Adam. It's the Police. THE POLICE! Always worth screaming over. Almost worth going to Bonnarroo for.

    And you'll all be glad to know that my mug showed up this afternoon, so I grabbed it and it's now tucked safely behind my computer monitor.  

  6. # Blogger amanda

    Speaking of mugs, I've been trying to get rid of some from my house. I take them to work with the hope of leaving them in the kitchen, coworkers drawers, anywhere, for anybody, but so far i haven't rid myself of them. want some?  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Shoneys...lol lol. At what point in the date did he state that you were going to Shoney's, and can you describe the look on your face when the dining choice was announced?

    I'm thinking it is a good thing that my dating days were long before the blogging era.  

  8. # Blogger Tiffany

    Hutchmo-
    I think he mentioned it when I said "Okay" after he asked me if I would go to dinner with him.

    I believe the look on my face was one of utter shock and disbelief, not unlike the one I had when the twin towers fell. Okay, so maybe that's an exaggeration. But still.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health