The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Chaos Theory

Chaos theory says that events don't happen in predictable, regular patterns. This is why things seem to happen "all at once". This was an "all at once" weekend for me. My friend Erin's grandmother died this week. She has fought cancer off and on for 18 years, and has not been doing well the last several months, so it was far from being a surprise, but it was still hard to watch her going through it. Then Saturday, while getting ready for her funeral, I found out within about 10 minutes that (1) my friends Julie and Jeff had had their daughter Sophia that morning, and (2) a guy I've known from childhood, Jonathan Shaub, had been hit by a truck in NYC and was seriously injured.

Fortunately, Jonathan is doing better, although he's still in critical condition and far from being in the clear. But his injuries aren't as bad as the doctors originally feared. They are having a hard time slowing his bleeding, though. But he is better, and awake, and surrounded by his family. Jonathan is my brother's age, and they were really good friends growing up - played baseball and basketball together. (His older sister Nicole and I played basketball together too, but weren't as close, because she was a year behind me in school.)

Anyway, for everyone reading this - please keep them all in your prayers. Especially the Shaubs. I'm going to rest my brain and emotions for a while.

2 Responses to “Chaos Theory”

  1. # Blogger Tara

    I love you, Tiff! I'll add Erin and her family to my list (Jonathan's already there, but I didn't know about her grandmother), and I'll be praying for you, too. God bless you!  

  2. # Blogger Tara

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health