The World According to Tiff Sniff

Meandering ponderings and wonderings on the state of things.


Life as a Lawyer

I have spent the last day and a half in a continuing education course in a roomful of attorneys. It's not as exciting as it sounds. I'm behind on my CLE credits, of course, so I'm having to cram a bunch in before June. So this week it was the Tennessee Bar Association's annual Intellectual Property Forum at the Doubletree Hotel. Are you on the edge of your seats yet?

Well, for us copyright nerds there was some fun stuff, anyway.

I have to tell you about the highlights, though.

3. A cute tourist watched me walk all the way across the lobby during a break. I look great in my black suit.

2. Listening to FedEx's lead IP counsel talk about the issues they had to deal with when filming Castaway.

1. During a session entitled "Enforcing your Copyright Rights", a 60-something white Tennessee lawyer gave us a practical demonstration from a case he had worked on. First, he played a snippet of George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic's song "Get Off Your A** and Jam" (lyrics: "Sh-, G-D--, get off your a- and jam!" over and over), and then showed us an excerpt from the movie I Got the Hook Up, starring that illustrious thespian, Master P. If you've never seen an older white man repeatedly say, "Get off your a** and jam", you haven't lived, my friends. The only thing that would have made it funnier would have been a female 60-something white Tennessee lawyer.

0 Responses to “Life as a Lawyer”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The World According to Tiff Sniff | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health